I’m a pretty positive person, and I typically see the bright side in all situations. I was a happy kid growing up. In fact, one of the ladies in my elementary school’s front office always called me “Smiley.” But in general, I’ve never been one to dwell on the negatives. Within the last few years though, I’ve become more positive and more content than ever before. And I often get asked why I’m so positive.
I couldn’t tell someone how to be more positive. I think it’s something that comes from inside you. It’s like a realization, or a state of mind, rather. Positivity is a choice that is made every time, but it’s a subconscious choice.
For me, I see the bright side because there is no point in loitering on the negative side. And because there is ALWAYS a bright side – sometimes it just takes a little digging to find it. This doesn’t mean that I don’t consider the negatives and understand them, but that I focus on the positives instead.
A few years ago, I realized that I was among negativity, and it truly brought me down. I found myself becoming negative and feeding off that negative energy. I remember saying things and my husband would look at me in awe and say, “I’ve never heard you talk like that before.” Somewhere around that time, I made a decision to be more positive. Just like that, decision made.
Although I can’t explain how to be more positive, I can share my sources for positivity:
- If I’m positive, I’ll have a positive impact on people around me. I’ve been negatively affected by someone’s negativity, and I never want to affect others in the way. If people can feel happy talking to or being with me, I’m doing well.
- Things can always be worse. Regardless of how bad a situation is, 99 percent of the time it could be worse. Realizing this quickly helps me put things into perspective and focus on how grateful I am that things are not worse. And then, in walks the bright side.
- I know God is in control. I know God has a plan for me and that all situations I encounter are for my own benefit. With this in mind, it’s so hard to be negative. I trust in the path He’s created for me, and I pray for Him to show it to me.
- It’s mind over matter. Every ounce of my being believes that what you put out into the world is what you’ll get back from it. Things may get tricky from time to time, but if I can remain positive and only speak positives, I will experience positive things.
- There’s absolutely no point in dwelling on the negative. For the life of me, I just can’t understand why I would want to dwell on the negative side of things. It only breeds more negativity, which will never help a situation. Getting stuck on the negatives is not even an option.
Did you enjoy this post? Show the love by clicking the “like” button below!