Let the holiday parties begin! There’s been one easy finger food that I’ve been serving since summertime, and it’s a hit every time – parmesan artichoke bites!
These little bites are simple and delicious – and the best part? They are a true finger food! No fork, spoon or knife necessary. People can easily pick one up and plop it right into their mouths. (As for me, I’m a two-bite kind of gal.) Actual finger foods make the best kind of appetizer because guests don’t need to hover over the platter to fix their plate. Your buffet line runs smoothly with less congestion. And with that being said, these parmesan artichoke bites make for a perfectly easy holiday appetizer as well! (If you’re looking for another easy appetizer – or even an easy meal for a crowd – check out this recipe for tortellini with veggies in pesto sauce!)
The layered pastry shell makes this appetizer recipe look like you’ve spent a lot of time preparing it. But, SPOILER ALERT – these shells are found in the frozen section of your grocery store! The filling takes about 5 to 10 minutes to prepare, then you fill the shells and bake until the shells start turning golden brown. You can prepare, bake and serve this easy appetizer in less than an hour!
Ingredients for Parmesan Artichoke Bites Appetizer
This recipe makes 30 bites:
- 2 packs mini fillo shells (in frozen section, 15 shells per container)
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts (about 6 oz)
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Minced garlic to taste (or garlic powder)
- Onion powder to taste
Recipe for Parmesan Artichoke Bites Appetizer
- Preheat oven according to fillo shell instructions
- Chop all artichoke hearts
- Mix artichoke hearts with cream cheese and parmesan
- Add garlic to taste (I use approx. half a TBSPN)
- Add onion powder to taste (I just use a dash.)
- Place shells onto baking sheet and fill with mixture
- Sprinkle parmesan on top, then bake until shells turn golden
- Remove and serve! (Best served warm.)
Hope you and yours enjoy this yummy finger food – whether you serve it an easy holiday appetizer or a fun treat on the weekends!
What are some of your favorite finger foods to serve? I’d love to hear in the comments below!