If your household is anything like mine, you don’t have a lot of time in the mornings. And, there’s certainly not time to prepare a healthy weekday breakfast before everyone heads out. So, you reach for the quick weekday breakfast options – a yogurt, protein bar or piece of fruit. Or, you may opt to go through a drive-thru. Or worse, you eat no breakfast at all.
Eating breakfast out every weekday can get expensive, and the weekday basics can get old after a few weeks in a row. I also tend to run out of quick, healthy weekday breakfast ideas. So, I decided to try making a sort of breakfast bar to incorporate into the rotation. I’m always down for new ways to save money and to be efficient while being healthy(ish). And, these easy cereal breakfast bars checked off every box!
For about $10 to $14, you can get all the ingredients for these breakfast cereal bars. And, these ingredients will produce two sets of cereal breakfast bars. (Or, two weeks of breakfast bars for a family of two.) The best part – they make for a super easy (and relatively healthy) weekday breakfast. Winning!
Cereal Breakfast Bar Ingredients
Here’s what you’ll need for this easy weekday breakfast idea:
- 3 cups honey toasted oats cereal
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
Cereal Breakfast Bar Instructions
- Set aside 3 cups of cereal in a large bowl.
- Line an 8×8” baking dish with parchment paper or foil.
- Combine peanut butter and honey in saucepan, and cook on low to medium heat until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour mixture into cereal and stir until cereal is well-coated.
- Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Refrigerate for about one hour.
- Cut hardened cereal mixture into single servings. (I usually get about 9.)
- Keep refrigerated until serving.
These breakfast cereal bars are a pretty fail-proof weekday breakfast idea. However, I will say it’s extremely important to use the suggested amounts of peanut butter and honey. Otherwise, the bars are crumbly and don’t stick together. If that happens, don’t worry. Just use cupcake liners to hold the crumbly bars so each “serving” stays together. (I had to do this a couple times while trying to get the mixture right.) Hope you enjoy!
Did you enjoy this post? If so, show the love by clicking the “like” button below!”